Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Bat Week

Oh, my goodness--it's almost Halloween!  (Which means it's also almost my birthday and the day of my dental surgery.)  As someone who loves this holiday of changing leaves and cobwebs and spooky movies (Corpse Bride is a must-see), I'm incredibly excited for Saturday.  I won't be trick-or-treating this year (dental surgery recovery plus wandering around late at night is apparently a big no, LOL), and I don't know if anyone will come to my house looking for little pretzel bags, but that doesn't really matter because this post isn't about candy.  It's about bats!


This face is SO adorable!
The bat is one of nature's most misunderstood animals, and many species of bat are endangered now due to human activity and a horrible fungal infection called "white-nose syndrome."  Not only are they crucial members of the ecosystem (pollination, bug control, etc.), but they're also adorable, wonderful little animals that desperately need our help.  As they're associated with Halloween, I think now is the perfect time to raise awareness about their struggles to survive so that more people understand their situation.  For more information on bats and what you can do to help them (and the planet), visit www.batcon.org.  Happy Bat Week!

<3 Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment